The Marketing Director at V-ME and V-ME Kids assists the VP of Marketing in the branding and all off-channel marketing and cross-departmental marketing support. This person will use proper creative strategy and identify new and fitting opportunities, with the ultimate goal of increasing ratings across all key programming.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist the VP of Marketing in coordinating and executing multiple projects under tight deadlines for Web, Social Media, Public Relations, outdoor events and promotional campaigns.
- Assist the VP of Marketing with all communication materials/presentations for trade, consumer and affiliate networks.
- Assist the VP of Marketing with measuring effectiveness of all promotional initiatives using digital, social and analytic tools.
- Manage the content deliverables and show descriptions for networks Video on Demand and YouTube assets.
- Develop strong working relationships with internal departments such as On Air Promotions, Sales and Programming Departments.
- Take ownership of all marketing and media campaigns the networks may do.
- Prepare and proofread all presentation and documents of for ad sales, marketing, research and other key stakeholders within V-Me Media, Inc.
- Plan and execute marketing events for the networks.
- Ability to travel and work weekends if necessary.
- Ability to present ideas to multiple department heads.
- Be able to translate program vendor’s documents from English to Spanish.
- Be extremely detailed oriented and organized.
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, communications, management or closely related fields
- Desirable: Master’s Degree in Marketing, communications, management or closely related fields
- Required: 5-6 years of marketing experience in Hispanic media space.
- Desirable: 6+ years of marketing experience in Hispanic Television, MSO’s cable operators, strategic partners. Previous professional experience in broadcasting. Experience targeting Kids (6-16) demographic. Direct supervisory experience.
General/Special Knowledge and Skills
- Must write and speak fluent English and Spanish. Familiarity with the American Bi-Cultural Latino market. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, most importantly Microsoft Excel and Power Point. Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, effectively respond to workflow issues, demonstrate accurate judgment of needs for support services, possess excellent written and oral communication skills, actively support the team approach, be a self-starter. Superior organizational skills; must possess the ability to manage multiple priorities and pay attention to detail as well as be able to work under tight deadlines.
- Desirable: Proficient in Adobe creative suite (Photoshop, Illustrator) and ability to edit video on Premiere. Basic knowledge of HTML.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.